A Ski Trip Checklist
A complete ski trip checklist from gear to clothes to accessories.
A ski trip is a fantastic winter getaway. It provides the perfect amount of fun and activity to ward off the cabin fever blues. In order to keep your trip as stress free and fun as possible, make sure you use our Ski Trip Checklist for everyone on the trip.
First things first, before you leave for your trip whether you are driving or flying you will need to make sure you have the following items:
1) Reservation Confirmation
2) ID (drivers license, passport)
3) Insurance Card
4) Money, Credit Cards, Travelers Checks, etc
5) Lift Tickets (if bought ahead of time)
6) Rental Car Documents (if applicable)
During your ski trip you will need an extensive list of gear to ensure the utmost comfort on the slopes. Make sure you pack for all types of weather conditions. Layering is an excellent way to make sure you will be warm enough. You can pile on the layers and if you get warm simply take a few off, however if you are cold and do not have any other layers to add, it could result in a shortened day on the slopes.
3) Poles (if needed)
2) Sunglasses can be worn, however they should include a leash
2) Helmet (optional, but always a good idea)
3) Face Mask, Bandana and/or neck wear to shield nose, mouth, and neck.
4) Ear warmer
1) Liner gloves that take away moisture
2) Insulated and waterproof outer gloves/mittens
1) Waterproof Ski Jacket
2) Waterproof Ski Pants
4) Base layer of thermal underwear
5) Insulating top fleece zip up, pullover or hoody
6) Lots of heavy Socks, insulating and moisture wicking
1) Heat Packs for your hands and feet
2) Hydration System
3) Wax and Tuning Equipment
4) Hand/Wrist Guards
5) Ipod to listen to tunes while cruising down the mountain
6) Power bars/snacks to boost energy between meals on the mountain
7) Walkie talkie to stay in touch on the mountain
8) Back Pack
Remember to pack for events off the slopes such as dining, shopping, and nightlife. Many hotels and other lodging facilities include a swimming pool or hot tub. Even if you have snow on the brain, a relaxing dip in the Jacuzzi is a great way to relax, that is if you don't forget your suit!
Off Slope Clothing
1) Shirts (regular and dress)
5) Swim Suit
4) Hair Brush
6) Hair Products/ Face Products
8) Sun Block
9) Lip Balm
10) Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner
11) Nail Clippers
13) Prescriptions and/or other medications
Before your ski trip always double check your vacation dates, reservations, check in/out times, and print out all confirmations. Have your bags packed at least a day before so you can just get up and go. Make sure you tell a family member or friend where you are going and when you expect to be back. Have your pets, home, and mail taken care of. And last but not least, RELAX. With this check list you will not have to ask the question, "what did I forget?" you can simply head out the door with your bags packed knowing you will soon be breathing in the crisp mountain air with all your worries left behind.