Ski Butlers is concerned about your privacy and security. We take extra steps to ensure your information is kept confidential.1) APPROACH TO PRIVACY
- Ski Butlers operates a ski & board delivery service throughout the United States of America, Canada and has partnered with Rental Republic to provide ski and board delivery services throughout France. Customers can reserve and rent boots, skis, snowboards, and poles via our website (our “Website”) located at www.skibutlers.com or by contacting one of our delivery locations directly (the “Delivery Service”).
Voluntarily Submitted Personal Information.
- Ski Butlers collects specific personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- When you reserve and rent boots, skis, snowboards, poles, etc. via the Delivery Service, Ski Butlers collects certain personal information necessary to fulfill the reservation/order. Specifically, Ski Butlers collects rental profile information that consists of your name, gender, age (date of birth), weight, height, skier/snowboarder ability, shoe size, location of delivery, and other information necessary to fulfill the reservation/order. Further, Ski Butlers collects account information that is associated with your reservation/order. Specifically, Ski Butlers collects payment information that consists of your name, billing address, phone number, and credit card.
- Additionally, we will collect the personal information that you provide when you: 1) register to use our Website; 2) utilize a social media platform where we operate an account and engage with our account; 3) subscribe to the Ski Butlers Plus program; 4) enter a competition, promotion or survey conducted by us; 5) when you report a problem with our Website; 6) or, when you use some other feature of the Website.
- In the event that you choose not to provide personal information, Ski Butlers may not be able to provide the Delivery Service to you or respond to your other requests.
Information Provided by Third-Parties.
- Ski Butlers may receive personal information about you from individuals or corporate entities which are users of the Delivery Service (“Subscribers”). Specifically, if a Subscriber is reserving or renting boots, skis, snowboards, poles, etc. via the Delivery Service for you, Ski Butlers will collect information necessary to generate your rental profile (name, gender, date of birth, weight, height, skier/snowboarder ability, shoe size, location of delivery, and other information necessary to fulfill the reservation/order).
- Ski Butlers may receive personal information about you if you use any referral service or referral website, including the website, rentalrepublic.co.uk. Further, Ski Butlers works closely with third parties for marketing purposes (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them, subject to your agreements with them.
- Ski Butlers automatically collect personal information about you indirectly regarding: 1) how you access and use the Website; 2) information about the device and operating system you use to access the Website; and 3) where you are located at the time you accessed and used the Website.
Categories of Personal Information, Retention Periods, and Legal Basis for Processing
- Sharing with Third-Parties.
- Ski Butlers’ Franchisees;
- Rental Republic (a Ski Butlers’ affiliate that provides services on Ski Butlers’ behalf in Europe);
- Website, Applications, and Server providers that maintain and service the Website and Ski Butlers’ data servers;
- Payment processors for the purpose of fulfilling relevant payment transactions;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;?
- Disclosure Pursuant to Legal or Regulatory Obligations.
- In certain situations, Ski Butlers has a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation. For example, Ski Butlers may be required to disclosure your personal information pursuant to a lawfully issued subpoena or court order.
- Ski Butlers may disclose your personal data in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service and other agreements.
- Ski Butlers may disclose your personal data to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ski Butlers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
4) Website Reviews and Testimonials.
- With consent, Ski Butlers may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the Website, along with other endorsements. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
5) MARKETING AND ADVERTISING.
- In the event that you have signed up for Ski Butlers’ ENEWSLETTER, Ski Butlers may contact you, from time to time, with relevant information about Ski Butlers, the Delivery Service, our other products and services that we offer. For some messages, Ski Butlers may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you.
- If you want to be removed from Ski Butlers’ email or mailing lists, please email Ski Butlers at, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-754-7754. Additionally, you can be removed from our marketing lists by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
6) STORING AND TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in a controlled environment with limited access. The information will be stored utilizing encrypted database tables in an SQL server database.
- Since Ski Butlers cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website, please note that any personal information transmitted to Ski Butlers is done at your own risk. However, once Ski Butlers receives your personal information, Ski Butlers will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
International Transfers of your Personal Information.
7) RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
- Ski Butlers will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of our legitimate business interests and satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, Ski Butlers takes into consideration the following information: 1) the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information; 2) the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information; and, 3) the purposes for which we process your personal information and the applicable legal requirements.
- Please note that in the event that you submit a Renter Profile to Ski Butlers, Ski Butlers will store the personal information that you submitted in order to facilitate an expedited process for renting ski and snowboarding equipment in the future for a period of two years past your last reservation.
8) REFER-A-FRIEND PROGRAM
- Ski Butlers operates a referral program for our Delivery Service. Through that program, you may choose to provide Ski Butlers with names and email addresses of individuals who you feel would be interested in learning more about our products and services in exchange for a chance to win free ski rentals. Ski butlers will store the contact details in order to track the success of our referral service. In the event that the referred individual desires that we remove their contact details from our database, the referred individual may contact us at any time at email@example.com or call 1-877-754-7754.
9) YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that Ski Butlers holds:
Right of access and portability.
- The right to obtain access to your personal information along with certain information, and to receive that personal information in a commonly used format and to have it ported to another data controller.
Right to rectification.
- The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erasure.
- The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
Right to restriction.
- The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
Right to object.
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right of access and portability.
- If you reside in the European Union (EU), Ski Butlers is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
10) COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Ski Butlers’ Website uses weblogs and similar technologies (collectively referred to as cookies) to distinguish you from other users of our Website. The cookies contain the domain name or IP address from which you connect to our site, the date and time you access the site, search terms, and the pages visited. Ski Butlers makes periodic checks of the types of browsers/operating systems used to access its Website and of the websites/applications that you accessed the Website.
- You may be able to block some cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
11) LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
12) PERSONAL INFORMATOION OF CHILDREN
13) CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
14) NOTICES TO CUSTOMERS
15) CONTACTING SKI BUTLERS
Ski Butlers Holdings, LLC
1821 Sidewinder Dr., STE 1
Park City, UT 84060 USA