Aspen’s Best Apres Ski Spots
5. If Colorado is the capital of craft beer, New Belgium is the prime minister. Lucky for skiers and boarders at Snowmass, New Belgium has you covered at the Ranger Station slopeside at the Snowmass Village Mall. Try the beer that put New Belgium on the map, Fat Tire, or one of their rotating experimental brews in their Lips of Faith series.
4. Party like a local at Zane’s in Snowmass or Aspen. If there’s a cheaper place to celebrate an epic day on the slopes, we haven’t found it. A bit divey? Yes but the cheap pitchers and 50 cent wings before six o’clock make it the budget spot for locals and visitors alike.
3. At La Creperie du Village you’ll forget you’re in Aspen and think you just got off the slopes in the French Alps. Dive into a steaming pot of black truffle cheese fondue or an après-ski classic, raclette. On top of all of the cheesy goodness, their wine list will appease any palate.
2. Steps away from the Silver Queen Gondola in the heart of downtown Aspen is the 39 Degree Lounge at the Sky Hotel. There’s sure to be a party and live DJs are the norm. Don’t forget your swimsuit, there’s a pool and hot tub outside of the bar and you can count on the party spilling out there on warm days.
1. We’ve saved the best for last! You can’t say you’ve had a proper apres ski session without stopping in at Cloud Nine on the mountain at Aspen Highlands. This mid-mountain institution has incredible views of surrounding 14 thousand foot peaks and more champagne on a Tuesday than most New Year’s parties. The DJ and champagne get flowing by two in the afternoon so get there early or make a reservation to experience the wildest apres ski spot in Colorado.